Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kurt Muroki offers some tips

Happy December 1st!

I'm catching up on my reading, online and in print, and following up some links I wrote down a while back that I wanted to preserve here for ya'll.  So today, let's look at what the fabulous Kurt Muroki has been doing with some technique videos he made.  Kurt is the new professor of double bass at Indiana University (a great bass school!) and Stony Brook University (another fantastic school of music) and he brings lots of experience as both a performer and teacher to bear in his work.

First this: a video on left and right hand coordination http://vimeo.com/80002688

But wait, there's more.  A video on warm ups: http://vimeo.com/80001307

I've got a whole list of things I'm going to share with everyone this month - a month of presents from me to you!  Meanwhile, please comment back with your favorite videos or exercises that help keep you in top playing shape.

Happy practicing!
Gaelen

No comments:

Post a Comment